In this blog you will learn what E-E-A-T is and why it matters for Google & SEO.
What is E-E-A-T?
E-E-A-T stands for:
E : Expertise
A : Authoritativeness
T : Trustworthiness
E-A-T was first mentioned around 2014 when Google added added it to their Search Quality Rater Guidelines.
In Dec 2022, Google updated E-A-T to E-E-A-T by adding an additional E to the acronym.
It is a quality rating system used by Google’s search algorithm to determine the relevance and trustworthiness of a website and its content. Google use E-A-T to assess the quality of content on a website and assign it a score, which in turn affects how high the site will rank in search engine results pages (SERPs). It is important for website owners and content creators to focus on building and maintaining E-A-T in order to improve their search engine rankings and visibility.
How is E-E-A-T evaluated?
E-E-A-T is evaluated by Google’s search algorithm through various signals and factors. These include:
- Experience: This is all about the content creator having necessary experience about the topic. Demonstrate by producing content composed by authors who have hands-on knowledge in a specific subject. Incorporating pictures and videos that illustrate this first-hand experience can be advantageous.
- Expertise: Google looks for websites and content that is written by experts in their field. It considers factors such as the author’s qualifications, credentials, and experience.
- Authority: Google evaluates the authority of a website by considering the number and quality of external links pointing to the site. It also looks at the site’s overall reputation and visibility in its industry.
Google may also use additional signals such as the website’s user engagement, brand reputation, and on-page content quality. Additionally, Google also consider the website’s Technical SEO like page speed, mobile friendliness, and website security as a part of E-E-A-T evaluation.
How to demonstrate E-A-T
As search engines continue to evolve, it is essential for businesses to stay up-to-date with the latest best practices in E-E-A-T.
By understanding and implementing strategies that promote E-E-A-T, businesses can increase their visibility on the web and improve their chances of success which could result in the following:
- Higher search engine rankings
- Increased behavioral metrics
- More featured snippets
- Increased social media shares
- Increased backlinks
Is E-E-A-T a Ranking Factor?
There’s no “E-E-A-T ranking factor” score or rating exists that will improve your website ranking on SERP’s.
Ultimately, E-E-A-T is a concept and not a ranking factor as some claim.
There are no shortcuts to developing Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness.
Your ultimate goal must be maintain an organic growth of your website so that the site ranks better in SERP (search engine result pages)
When ranking high on search engines, quality content plays a vital role. But to stand out from the crowd, you need to focus on other aspects of your online marketing strategy. Use this blog to analyze your content strategy and strategize with an industry expert. Identify areas of improvement and implement changes that help you succeed in ranking higher in search engine results.
If you want to learn more about e-a-t and google ranking, contact us today for a free consultation!
Subscribe to our Newsletter to stay update & if you have any questions, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
E-A-T stands for:
E-A-T is not a ranking factor but a concept. But it does represent real signals that Google evaluates for ranking purposes
Creating E-E-A-T content involves writing content that is well-researched and crafted. The content should be backed up by facts and well-organized